Data EngineerSanta Clara, CA, USA
About the position
Volterra is looking for a data engineer to join our growing data science team located in Santa Clara . You will work on creating big data pipeline for large scale data passing through Volterra's edge services platform. You will use technologies such as Spark, Kafka to process data from web firewalls, edge routers which will used for factor behavior-based analytics, identifying threats and finding valuable insights. You will work on a platform performing multistage data transformations and providing real-time anomaly detection and insights to our customers.
- Architect, Design and implement robust product data pipelines for online and batch learning processes.
- Creating data infrastructure technologies to support scalable real time analytics
- Build analytics tools utilizing the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for our product and data science teams.
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements.
- Own the core data analytic pipeline and scale our data processing flow.
- Use and develop data mining tools and portals for analysis and reporting of application statistics.
- Implement data products for customer-facing functions and features with data science team members.
- BS / MS preferred in CS, Math, Statistics, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Expertise in building out data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance).
- Hands-on expertise in applied machine learning and mining large data sets.
- Previous experience in the design, implementation, deployment and optimization / support of machine learning product features.
- Familiarity with and programming skills in one or more of the following: SQL, Scala, Java, Python, Hive / Hadoop.
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets using big data platforms such as Spark, Hadoop/Hive, Impala, Presto/Athena, etc.
- Experience with large scale distributed real-time systems with tools such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Hadoop, Kafka, and Mesos.
- Familiarity with Data visualization tools: Tableau, Birst, Looker, Superset, etc. a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, and product.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment.
About the company
Line-of-business leaders can drive business transformation and automation by distributing workloads closer to business activity. DevOps teams can manage fleets of applications and infrastructure with less complexity. Network teams can simplify application connectivity and security across clouds.