Data Scientist - CybersecuritySanta Clara, CA, USABangalore, India
About the position
Volterra is looking for Data Scientists to join our growing data science team located in Santa Clara and Bangalore. You will work on novel models to analyze and to predict behavior from large scale data passing through Volterra's edge services platform. You will use data modeling, advanced mathematics, and machine learning to analyze data from web firewalls, edge routers and factor behavior-based analytics, identifying threats and finding valuable insights.
- Build mathematical models to derive practical insight from large volumes of data and solve real-world cyber security problems
- Work with data engineering team to help in architecture and design of data ingestion and manipulation
- Research and prototype new techniques to identify cyber-attacks based on real-time data
- Demonstrate leadership by taking ownership of complete lifecycle from development, training, deployment to feedback, refinement of ML models
- Collaborate with architects, data engineers, and application developers to help in design of edge services
- PhD in Computer Science or related
- 8+ yrs. of experience in any of following: Python, C++
- Deep understanding of building and applying sophisticated statistical models
- Strong working knowledge of Python ML libraries like sklearn, pandas and numpy
- Experience in any one of the DL libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe
About the company
Line-of-business leaders can drive business transformation and automation by distributing workloads closer to business activity. DevOps teams can manage fleets of applications and infrastructure with less complexity. Network teams can simplify application connectivity and security across clouds.