Software Engineer - SecuritySanta Clara, CA, USA
About the position
Volterra is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in building security solutions at scale. You will participate in the design and implementation of Volterra's Edge Computing platform that is used to deploy global, scalable and secure applications. Your work includes, but not limited to, design, implementation, deployment, operational management, and debugging of security services of Volterra platform.
- Collaborate with architects and business leaders to understand the requirements for providing security services for Volterra platform, design solutions, and implement them
- You will develop software for identity related security foundations of Volterra platform - Identity Management, Key Management, Secure Bootstrapping, Authentication, Authorization, Secrets Management, etc.
- You will vet various open source and closed source technologies, components, libraries, tools etc. and help build a highly available, highly scalable and easily manageable system
- Demonstrate technical leadership in multiple domain areas, providing mentorship to other team members
- Demonstrate leadership by taking responsibility and ownership of software components and deliver a complete product satisfying functional, scale, performance and manageability requirements
- Hands-on coding in multiple languages while considering performance, scalability, maintainability, and flexibility
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of software engineering and development experience
- Ability to implement all phases of a development cycle for a software product from understanding requirements, going through design, development and deploy phases
- Hands on experience with multiple computer programming languages such as C++, Golang, Python, Java
- Good understanding of complexities and security challenges in large-scale distributed systems
- Good understanding of security concepts like IPSec/TLS, PKI, SAML/OAuth, Key management, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute etc.)
- Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies like KVM, Docker etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud orchestration systems such as Openstack, Kubernetes etc.
- You should be self-motivated and willing to delve into new areas and take new challenges in an enthusiastic manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills
About the company
Line-of-business leaders can drive business transformation and automation by distributing workloads closer to business activity. DevOps teams can manage fleets of applications and infrastructure with less complexity. Network teams can simplify application connectivity and security across clouds.