Solutions EngineerAnywhere in the USA
About the position
Volterra is seeking a Software Engineer - Solutions Architect with experience in public & private cloud services and technologies, DevOps, CI/CD tooling, PaaS, and Gitops automation. You’ll help shape Volterra’s services & solutions direction. This is a full-time job reporting to the VP of Product & Solutions in Santa Clara, California.
- Work with Volterra’s customers, partners & communities to help define end-to-end vertical-specific solutions.
- Ability to write code & documentation to vertical-specific solutions.
- Development teams and customers to define and execute company strategy.
- Anticipate the strengths & weaknesses of technical solutions and align with the product vision.
- Work cohesively across the company including heavy collaboration with engineering, product, product marketing, and sales teams.
- An active participant in community events and projects.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development in Go, Python & Ruby.
- Experience in the deployment & operating of large front-end/back-end environments.
- Experience building, replicating and automating systems in Azure, GCP, and AWS.
- Experience with cloud instrumentation and infrastructure management tools for deployment Terraform, Helm, Cloudformation, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with security tools, software, and services such as Vault, OPA, Public Cloud KMS’, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Datadog and Grafana
- CI/CD experience (automate build and test pipelines with GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, Pipeline as Code, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute strategic initiatives
- Manage effectively up, down, and across an organization, including global teams
- Skilled in holding people accountable, establishing high standards of excellence, and stretching their abilities to perform their best work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, EE or equivalent experience
- Self-driven and hands-on attitude is a MUST.