Visual Design LeadSanta Clara, CA, USAKyiv, Ukraine
About the position
Volterra is seeking a creative Visual Design Lead responsible for owning our design system and evolving it to meet the growing complexity of our product. As a Visual Design Lead, you will create styles, components and visual patterns which will be part of Volterra’s design system. This is a unique opportunity to design for scalable web applications which will offer new generation edge computing services.
- Create styles, components and patterns to define our design system.
- Iterate on UX flows and transform them into beautiful UI designs.
- Work with our brand team to figure out how brand manifests itself in our product.
- Deliver engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of software engineers, architects, and product managers through all product development phases.
- Learn and apply new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns.
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, design communication, visual design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience in visual design or industry experience (corporate, software, web or agency).
- Mastery of visual design fundamentals and tools: Typography, Layout, Color. Motion design skill is a plus.
- Experience creating styles and components for a design system.
- Familiarity with the UI layout framework designs like Bootstrap and Material.
- Ability to work on multiple product requirements with attention to detail.
About the company
Line-of-business leaders can drive business transformation and automation by distributing workloads closer to business activity. DevOps teams can manage fleets of applications and infrastructure with less complexity. Network teams can simplify application connectivity and security across clouds.