Volterra points of presence (PoPs) are interconnected using a multi-terabit, dedicated and redundant private backbone for maximum performance. These PoPs are densely peered and connected with multiple Tier1 transit providers to deliver high-quality internet access for applications and consumers. We directly connect to multiple cloud providers from these locations to provide a reliable and predictable experience across cloud providers. Using BGP and advanced traffic engineering, we are able to provide granular SLAs for any customer that wants a high performance global private network without the complexity of procurement and operations. In addition to connectivity services, the customer can selectively enable infrastructure protection features like DDoS, L3 firewall, and anomaly detection to completely offload their DMZ appliances from their cloud to our network using a private network hand-off or securely tunneled using Volterra node in their site.
You can find out more about Volterra’s Secure Backbone features in the Concepts.
Intro VoltMesh Secure Backbone
VoltMesh Secure Backbone Features
Multi-terabit global backbone
Multi-cloud onramp and peering
- With multiple private connections to public cloud providers and in major colocation facilities we easily enable global Software-defined Cloud Interconnection (SDCI) connectivity between your private DCs to existing public cloud providers with VoltMesh global backbone. VoltMesh Direct Connect provides various options connecting onto the network.
VoltMesh Direct Connect
Provides several On-ramping options into the VoltMesh Secure Backbone:
- VoltMesh Direct Connect (Physical connectivity using BGP/static)
- VoltMesh Direct Connect Tunnel (L2/L3 GRE tunnel over IPsec using or using Volterra Node)
- VoltMesh Direct Connect Transport (PNI across Volterra Backbone and Cloud Providers)
DDoS Infrastructure Protection
- Defense in layers - Filtering based on flow learning with always-on or detect and mitigate options. Active detection and/or passive detection using Netflow/IPFIX. Mitigation can be triggered via VoltConsole, programmatically via public APIs or automatically by our global operations team. Using distributed scrubbing centers mitigation types range from on-demand to always-on.
Hybrid DDoS Bursting
- Bursting of On-premise DDoS to VoltMesh DDoS infrastructure protection providing always-on multi-vector protection and zero-touch bursting. Use Volterra’s global scrubbing centers with BGP for infrastructure protection and DNS steering for HTTP/HTTPS protection. Connect using VoltMesh Direct Connect options.
High-availability and SLAs
- Using redundant backbone links and traffic engineering VoltMesh services provides high-availability and carrier-class SLAs for infrastructure connectivity and security services.
For an introduction to Volterra system Concepts please click here.