Connect & Secure Any App, Any Platform
A SaaS-based offering that delivers high-performance networking and
zero-trust security across clouds and edge sites along with the ability
to offload apps on our global network
App-centric network and security services for heterogeneous environments
Multiple appliances, software and connectivity services need to be deployed and managed for app networking and security
Increasing number of services with different APIs, policy, and observability requires big investment in automation
Difficult to align DevOps, NetOps, and SecOps across service provisioning and security policies using ticket-based workflows
Traditional CDNs and hub/spoke networks were not designed for immersive or large-scale SaaS apps
A consolidated networking + security software stack with secure global connectivity lowers total costs
SaaS-based operations with single pane-of-glass for policy, lifecycle management, and end-to-end observability
Multi-Tenancy and Self-Service
Self-service with separation of duties allows developers, DevOps, NetOps, and SecOps to openly collaborate
Application Delivery Network
Workloads can be hosted and delivered from Volterra’s distributed network, increasing app performance
Industry’s First App-to-App
Networking and Security Service
Unified networking, application delivery and security for hybrid, multi-cloud and edge environments
- Centralized management plane with distributed control and data plane across cloud or edge
- API gateway and advanced security via ML-powered discovery, control and delivery
- Multi-cluster service mesh for microservices and monolithic applications
Full multi-tenancy / self-service for collaboration across DevOps, NetOps, SecOps
High-performance global network with the ability to run applications closer to end-users
24x7 NOC, SOC and SRE services to reduce operational burden
“To provide the best playing experience for our players and the most secure environment we use Volterra's VoltMesh service and global private backbone”
VoltMesh provides distributed services to connect and secure data and apps across the edge, network and multi-cloud.
High performance, extendable and distributed API gateway for hybrid applications regardless of location.
- API routing and load balancing
- Traffic management and policy
- Transformation and markup
- Programmable, pluggable architecture
- Observability and monitoring
Easily enable identity-driven security policies and enforcement using algorithmic techniques and machine learning.
- NG-WAF and anomaly detection
- Application-level DDOS
- API endpoint detection and markup
- API security and rate-limiting
- Managed PKI identity infrastructure for APIs, apps and networking
- Vulnerability detection and mitigation
- Programmable service and identity policies
Fully integrated load balancing platform, including distributed proxy, service discovery and security for modern and legacy applications.
- Global load balancing (GSLB, Anycast)
- HTTPs (TLS/mTLS) & TCP Proxy
- Dynamic Reverse Proxy & HTTP Connect
- Service Discovery & Health Checks
- Traffic Management
- Service Policy & Application Microsegmentation
SaaS-based multi-mesh platform, including a centrally managed distributed proxy, service discovery and security for modern and legacy applications.
- Multi-cluster Secure & Auto Tunnels
- Service Discovery & Health-checks
- Traffic Management
- Identity Authority for AuthN/AuthZ
- Globally Distributed Load Balancing
- Service Policy & Advanced Security
Industry-proven network stack for highly scalable connectivity and security across public clouds, private clouds and the edge.
- Fully integrated network firewall
- Forward proxy
- Routing and SD-WAN
- VPN (IPsec and SSL)
Global network cloud infrastructure and private backbone with interconnected PoPs and dense peering for high performance connectivity with integrated security.
- Multi-terabit global backbone
- Advanced traffic engineering for granular SLAs
- Network and application security including DDoS, filtering and anomaly detection
- Physical or tunneled connection to VoltMesh
- Private connectivity across backbone
Data Plane Programmability
- Custom data plane extensions
- Data transformations, customized load balancing, HTTP snooping, custom HTTP headers, direct response, terminate/serve requests, etc.
- Programmable policy framework matching on custom tags, labels and headers
- Programmable DDoS and security protection
(Volterra or Commodity)
(Volterra or Telco)
Insights across heterogeneous cloud environments, networks and application layers to provide a full view of application and infrastructure performance, security and health.
- Global visibility of network and application performance
- Logs and metrics, alerting and auditability
- Service-level connectivity metrics and tracing
- Custom dashboards
- Integration APIs for 3rd parties
Run third-party and/or multiple business lines’ applications while providing complete isolation of compute, network and storage resources. Provides the ability to run heterogeneous workloads (containers, VMs) across different namespaces within a tenant.
- Virtual private compute, storage and networking per namespace
- Multiple VPNs per namespace
- Multi-tenancy across shared application and security services
VoltMesh with its consolidated networking + security services, SaaS-based operations and global network delivers a 12X improvement in time-to-service and productivity for operations teams.
VoltMesh is a shared multi-tenant platform that allows developers, DevOps, NetOps and SecOps to collaborate while maintaining a separation of duties. SecOps can configure policies enforced at different stages of the SDLC.
Advanced API Security
As app traffic is increasingly moving to REST and gRPC, VoltMesh uses advances in AI/ML to automatically discover APIs, enforce security policies, and deliver them across distributed users and app clusters
Ecosystem & Integrations
Broad Platform & Cloud Provider Support
Deliver VoltMesh service to apps running on any platform on any public/private cloud. Connect and secure apps running in VMs, containers, bare metal or serverless.
Service Discovery & Service Mesh Integrations
VoltMesh supports multiple service discovery protocols simultaneously - Consul, Kubernetes, and DNS work out of the box. Istio or LinkerD service mesh can integrate with a VoltMesh ingress/egress gateway.
Automation, Alerting & SIEM Integration
VoltMesh’s Terraform provider, vesctl CLI tool, and public APIs deliver to the automation need of app teams. Support for tools like Opsgenie or Slack for alerting and Splunk or Datadog for SIEM simplify life of DevOps and SecOps.
VoltMesh Use Cases
VoltMesh consolidates networking, security and application delivery to simplify operations, integrate policy and centralize observability. Volterra’s global network provides secure connectivity across multi-cloud and edge.
Secure Kubernetes Gateway
VoltMesh alongside our global network provides comprehensive networking, security and API services across one or multiple Kubernetes clusters within public/private clouds or edge sites.
Web App Security
Secure your Internet-facing apps using our global network with built-in DDoS and security services to protect from network, app and API attacks by automated bots, malware, and malicious users.
App Delivery Network (ADN)
Offload workloads from public or private clouds to our global application delivery network. Run app logic closer to users to improve latency or reduce costs, without changes to your existing CI/CD tools.